Saturday, February 03, 2007

Before and after



HERE it is!! The finished "baby doll crib" project.
I showed y'all in this post a peek of the bedding I was making for the baby doll crib that was mine as a little girl. That little crib started out a darkish stained wood (so very "80s" looking, doncha think?) that I painted white.... after a coat of primer and 3 topcoats! I made the little "sheet" of the pink gingham, and the blanket of pink gingham and leftover white eyelet from the bassinet cover and a wee little white eyelet pillow. And what does our sweet girl think of it? LOVES it. LOVESSSSS it. My dilemma now? Oh, just keeping a certain little 19 month old OUT of the crib with her babies. Check out the photographic evidence!!



Happy Saturday and
Much Love,

11 comments:

Kelly said...

That is just beautiful! So much more special than anything your could have bought at the toy store. You are so talented.

Laurel Wreath said...

This is beautiful what a great job you have done!!!

Tammy said...

That is adorable! You're so talented, Jennifer, and how sweet that it can be handed down for generations!
Blessings!

Karen said...

I just think that is the sweetest doll bed! Pink gingham and eyelet are just made for little ladies. With 3 girls, we had a LOT of pink around our house. LOL
You are a very talented seamstress.
Such gorgeous big eyes on your beautiful little girl!
Blessings,

Mrs. C said...

Oh, you did a wonderful job! I'm sure your little one will enjoy playing with it long after she's too big to climb in. :)

BrittLeigh said...

Awww, I love it! So cute and girly. You did such a good job! And your little girl is a doll--no pun intended!! :D

Deidre said...

Oh, my 19 month old litte girl would LOVE that crib! Very beautiful!

Kate said...

Awwww, can you say absolutely adorable! I could not keep mine out of their doll babies cradles either. Now, they love to "store" things in it (and I constantly have them clean it out now!).

Mrs.B. said...

It looks wonderful!

Kim said...

That is beautiful!!!

Julie said...

HERE it is!! The finished "baby doll crib" project.

___________________
Julie
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels