Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Refrigerator Meme


Soooo.... I was tagged for this fun little meme by Mrs. Blythe... The Refrigerator meme!! You must take a picture of your 'fridge in "all its glory".. and NO tampering before the pic! I obeyed the rules and snapped a photo.
And here you see....
1. Photos of family and friends (do you see your girls, "Aunt Gigi"???)
2. Clipped together art of Andrew's. Yesterday he drew 10 (YES 10!!!!) pictures with marker and paper and wanted them ALL on the fridge.... along with his craft project from Monday. So to accomodate my little man, I placed them all in the magnetic clippie, and we are going to rotate the one on top. Except now he is being quite industrious and working on, oh, about 16 more pictures today. My little budding artist.
3. When I was single, and even after marrying (before our kiddos came along) I used to be OBSESSIVE about only having 3-4 pictures at a time on my fridge, and they all had to be in matching magnetic frames. And then the kids came along, and well, you know...
My, how things have changed.

I tag ALL of you that are reading to do this!!!! Seriously. AND if you DO decide to do this, leave me a comment so I can visit and check yours out. And remember, no "tidying up"!

Happy Wednesday and
Much Love,
Jennifer

12 comments:

Dawn said...

mine is up....!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a great fridge! My hubby would love one of those big side-by-side fridge/freezers. I'm not sure why he gets so excited by them? Our kitchen isn't big enough.

I loved seeing all your pictures. I too used to be staunchly against 'mess' on my fridge too, but like you now I have kiddies and I regularly have some artistry and reminders for parties and school lists, etc. Ah well, it's what makes a house a home - a bit of family 'detritus'. :o) No doubt when my kiddies leave home I'll have a different excuse for it, but at the moment this is my story and I'm sticking to it ;o)

Thanks for joining in, blessings.

Zach Green said...

Ok, i did one as well, it's not as big of a picture as yours. =]

Big Mama said...

I would do it but I have a boring stainless steel fridge that doesn't hold magnets.

I did enjoy seeing yours though. It represents a lot of love.

Anonymous said...

mine is up too!

Cherish the Home said...

Looking at your side by side makes me miss ours. )o: It's sitting the garage because it wouldn't fit into the space in this house.

Your fridge has quite a bit on it but it still looks neat and tidy. (o:

Cheryl said...

My fridge is pretty full too. Occasionally I will start all over again and have it filled up by the end of the week. A full fridge (one the outside) is a sign of life...keep it that way...Smiles...Cheryl

Paula said...

It looks great. I can't to display Colton's art work.
Byt the way, I like the black frig. I want black next time for the stove and frig.

Christine said...

I would do it if I had a digital camera! I know, I'm so lame! I'm hoping "santa" will bring me one for Christmas...

Susan P. said...

Oh, I love refrigerator art! The puppy a "little someone" made is adorable! I have a hope chest full of of those little treasures that were once placed prominently on my fridge:)

Kelly said...

Your comment about matching magnets cracked me up--I was the same way before kids, too.

Kate said...

Oh this should be fun. I was the same way before kids - now it's plastered with kids pictures in those plastic magnet frames. I'll have to post a pic this weekend. Fun Fun! Have a wonderful weekend! (and I am going to get that silky in the mail this weekend - i am such a slacker with my sewing machine lately but have a stack i must send out that just need to be finished!)