Monday, May 08, 2006

Be still


Be still and know that I am God.... Be STILL and know that I am GOD.. BE STILL... Why is this so hard for me?? Why does my mind race at the speed of light and wander to my "to do" list whenever I try to be still?? How many times has God whispered this in my ear only for me to say "later Lord, I'm too busy right now" and rattle off to Him all I have to do as if he doesn't already know, and then watch my day fall to pieces around me... All because I could not BE STILL.... "and know that I am GOD" and know that he is sovereign, that I don't have to worry, that it's not all about me, that the Creator of the universe wants to have a relationship with me, that I can rejoice in his love everyday, that there is PERFECT PEACE when my mind is stayed on him, in knowing that he is GOD, he has it under control even when I am a mess, that his hands are on the wheel... There is such peace in being STILL and KNOWING...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.