Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Stormy weather, schedules, screamers and supper


Stormy weather (as the old song says) has been our visitor this week, and looks like he's decided to stay another day.... Talk about an unwelcome guest...! Rain, rain and more rain... Don't get me wrong, I love a good thunderstorm every once in a while, but after a few days, I'm ready to see the SUN! We were planning to go to the park this afternoon with the kiddos, but we'll have to wait and see... the forecast says more.. Stormy weather.... owell.
The park here is a-w-e-s-o-m-e, by the way.... A huge lake with a one mile walking track, pier for fishing, gorgeous fountain, ducks to feed, big swings scattered all over and several picnic areas, and benches galore.... and.... three separate state of the art playgrounds for the children- divided by ages.... There is even an area for the baby! Unbelievable... Nature trail, as well... Just as much fun for us as for the children... (Please cooperate today weather! )
Several people have asked me about my daily routine/schedule... from other stay at home moms (how do you get everything done?) to others who have no clue ("isn't it great to stay home all day and have nothing to do??" ... like I said they have no clue..) to husbands of friends (could you please help my wife out and give her some tips?"- obviously NOT said in front of the wife! ) I will post my daily routine sometime in the near future... (maybe later today if I have the time- you know since I have nothing to do, maybe on commercial breaks during my afternoon of soap operas... What a joke!)
Our 10 month old baby girl has turned out to be *sigh* a screamer! She absolutely loves to hear herself squeal and scream... ALL DAY LONG..... high pitched, shrill.. the works. My son NEVER did this.. but many, many people have told me that it is a "girl thing" She doesn't do it because she is unhappy- they are happy screams.. and really quite comical (for about 2 minutes). Just another little baby quirk that I'm sure I look back on with fondness (there's your favorite word, Mama!) in the days to come. She is a little sweetheart though and is currently curled up taking a nap, sucking her thumb. She looks angelic with her little sweet dark curls and rosy cheeks. Like those Bessie Pease Guttman paintings, which, by the way, I have hanging in her nursery and am in the process of buying 2 more... If you have little ones, you should check them out- so old fashioned and sweet sweet sweet.
Supper tonight will be... Boneless Pork Roast, Seasoned green beans (with bacon, bullion and Italian dressing) caesear pasta salad and garlic bread. Yummy..... We may be eating early if it RAINS AGAIN!
...... Rain, rain, go away, come again another day.
Have a gre
at one.

1 comment:

Zach Green said...

Well thanks. Dinner sounds good. :D we are having sloppy joes cole slaw and brownies. Computers been acting up so i havent been about to finish my post which i will try again later.

zach