Thursday, May 11, 2006

What do you say?


"When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who hold his tongue is wise" Prov 10:19.... How many times have we all been guilty of this.. How many times have we said (after the fact) If only I hadn't said _________.... If only I could take those words back... If only....... "But he who holds his tongue is wise." Such seemingly simple instruction, but so hard to do... at least for me. In so many situations -- Talking with my husband, with the neighbors, with people at church. So many times, if I had simply held my tongue, arguments could have been avoided, hurt feelings mended, spreading of harmful gossip stopped,.. "A man who lacks judgement derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue" Prov. 11:12. Let us heed the words in the Proverbs today and remember to ask the Lord for wisdom, who will give it freely if only we ask and remember "He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin" Prov. 13:3.
Have a great one!

No comments: