Monday, July 24, 2006

Weekend Wrapup


Well... My little outing this past weekend was fabulous, and the visit from Andy's sis and family on Saturday/Sun. was so much fun- and Sunday was a whirlwind, too...
Sooooo the pageant Friday night was great! We went out to dinner before with some friends at one of my favorite haunts from my single days- and the food was just as yummy as I remembered. It was so NICE to be able to enjoy a whole meal without stopping 1,000,000,000 times to tend to messes, spilled juice etc. (not that I don't love these things, too- just a good break!!). When we arrived at the convention center where the pageant was held we had unbelievable seats thanks to my sister's very "connected" friend, G. I mean, we could practically see the glue on the fake eyelashes the girls were wearing! I listened with rapt attention to the talent portion (My favorite!) and wanted to cover my eyes during portions of the swimwear portion- and I kept thinking of the DADS that were watching their daughters prance around up there in nothing but scraps of material..... not ALL the suits were that bad, but there were a few that were nothing short of awful. The evening gown portion was fun- and I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing at some of the answers the girls gave during portions of the "onstage question" segment. I mean, come ON.... in sugary sweet voice " I just wish ev-ah body could git along in this big old cruel world" ( note the Southern accent emphasis - I talk like this, too... but it IS funny when you are onstage trying to charm a "Yankee" judge with your accent coupled with batting those fake lashes really fast!!!!!) Sister and I exchanged quite a few kicks and "elbows in the side" during the competition!!
On a more serious note, kudos to the outgoing Miss Mississippi for boldly proclaiming her Christianity and faith in God onstage during her farewell. She sang a beautiful song that I'm sure many of you have heard- "My Tribute/To God be the Glory". Very soul-stirring. Sister's friend and Sunday school classmate performed very well during the competition, and scored a postion in the "top five". Congrats to her!
The kiddos did wonderful with mom and dad. Andrew helped spray the garden, wrestled my dad and brother, played in the dirt, and was, in general, Papa's little buddy. Anna Kate was a little darling for her Marmee and found all sorts of new fun places to explore!
So, here I am. Back in the daily grind. I have traded in my fancy dress, high heels, coiffed hair and painted fingernails for my apron and bare feet. I am cleaning up those 1,000,000,000 messes and kissing boo-boos. And I am exactly where I was created to be. And I am loving every second of it.
Happy Tuesday and
Much Love,
Jennifer

10 comments:

Zach Green said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. It is always nice to get out and dress up once in a while. But I am like you I wouldn't trade being at home for anything!!!!

Susan P. said...

We all need to dress up and feel like a princess sometimes! It's also nice to have somebody clean up our messes for a change! LOL

Shereen said...

lol You made me feel like I was there. ;0) I even felt the elbows between you and your sister. I'm glad you had a great time.

Amy said...

What a hoot! I can just picture it through you descriptions. Glad to hear you had a good time :)

Becky said...

YAY for a girls night out!!! So much fun to get all dressed up. It's nice to get a mommyt break and get refueled.
But I agree, at home cleaning up messes and kissing boo boos is EXACTLY what I was created to do to.

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

OOHH, I love pageants. I'm so glad that you had fun! Did I ever tell you that you are a great writer? Seriously, I'm with Shereen, you made us feel like we were there!!

Blessings!

Cherish the Home said...

What fun! I agree....by your descriptions, I felt as if I were there with you! (o:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»