Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....


At the "in-laws" last week... Photo credits to Aunt Gigi

Hello to all of you!! I think that now we are finally back in the world of "normality" (what IS that, anyway)?? At least I should say that all our world traveling has come to an end, the Christmas decorations are gone (except for the naked tree in the living room that will go to its' home in the attic today), I actually FINALLY got to sleep on that awesome new featherbed my sis gave us for Christmas (BLISS!!) and we are back on some semblance of a schedule. Whew. The past 2 weeks have been a whirlwind!! I can't wait to catch up with all of you... my bloglines feeds were FULL yesterday!

Today I am working on our New Year's "goals" for our family this year. Andy and I set (attainable) goals for each family member, laminate them, and display them on the side of the fridge so that we can actually review them from time to time throughout the year. I have to say, doing it this way has given us a pretty good track record of attaining them!

Speaking of Andy... check out Mr. Skinny (He is the one in the middle, by the way). My dear husband has lost around 30 lbs. since being in the big sandbox! He is 6'3" and was not really overweight before... and I thought he looked absolutely great, but he looks great now, too!! I think he has become somewhat of a "gym junkie" since being over there... AND a healthy eating junkie. Way to go, Andy!


Hopefully, I'll be back to regular posting and reading now... I've missed everyone!
Happy Happy New Year to you all.
May your 2007 be blessed!

Happy Wednesday and
Much Love,

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, sounds like a wonderful whirlwind two weeks for you and your children! I love the picture of you all!
And what a neat picture of your sweet (and skinny) ;) husband!
Happy New Year to all of you!

Kelly said...

Welcome back! So glad to hear you had a good holiday break and special time with family.

Lori said...

You were missed. And the picture of your hubby looks great. What is this called the Iraq Diet, don't think I will try that one.

My sister in law leave in March. She has been going to tons of training right now. This will be her second tour.

Blessings. And Happy New Year.

Paula said...

So glad it has been a great few weeks. However, it is nice to get back to a routine all the same.
The picture of you and the kiddos is great.

Cherish the Home said...

It *is* nice when life slows back down again, isn't it?

And I just love seeing the pictures of you and you family. (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Cathy said...

Hi Jennifer,
I had a really nice visit to your blog. I have added it to my favorites so that I can visit again. You have a beautiful family.
Blessings...

Susan P. said...

Welcome back Jennifer! You were missed a lot! I am so happy you had a wonderful and special Christmas with your family. I also received a feather bed and I have decided I could live in it all day! They are the best. Your husband Andy looks like such a wonderful guy so you two are perfect for each other:) BTW, how long before he comes home? For some reason I was thinking May. I know you are counting down the days, not to mention hours, minutes and seconds!

Big Mama said...

Glad you're back and that y'all had a great holiday season.

Cori said...

Unless they are too personal, I'd love it if you shared the goals you have for each family member in 2007. I really love this idea and would like to do something similar for our family.

Cori

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

I haven't been here in a while. I need to add you to my blogroll. We seem to have a lot in common. I love antiques and my husband is in the military. He has a staff job right now, and I'm so thankful he doesn't deploy. He also used to workout like a madman and lose weight while in Afghanistan and Iraq. He says it was the crazy wake/sleep cycle they were on; he never felt like dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner when they flew at night. I'll say a specific prayer for him and the guys with him, especially the injured friend.

Anonymous said...

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....
b
___________________
Julie
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels