Friday, January 05, 2007

Total and complete randomness...

1. I finally got my "new" antique china cabinet today. I bought it the day after Christmas at an antique shop in the town where my parents live. And, let me just tell you, Dave Ramsey was right. People really will take significantly less for an item if you are willing to pay in cash. I was shocked that this really works! Sooo.... I am loving my sweet little purchase even more. I already have my "big" china cabinet in my dining area, but was looking for something kind of small and somewhat inexpensive to put in my kitchen for pottery. I love finding things like this!


2. I talked to my husband today... YAY! It was wonderful to hear his voice. They are all doing well, but morale is pretty low there right now, I think. One of the injured soldiers (and my husband's good friend) was flown out of the country to a military hospital in Europe today for further treatment and surgeries. His wife is my sweet friend, and she will be flying out to see him soon. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. They are good friends of ours and have 2 sweet LITTLE boys.

3. It seems as if Anna Kate has developed a fascination for the garbage can!!! Just today I had "misplaced" several items, and for awhile this afternoon thought I was literally losing my mind over what in the world I could have done with these things. Seriously. I was beginning to wonder about myself. Tonight while bagging up garbage, guess what items I found amongst the banana peels and coffee filters? Ahhh, yes... a dry erase marker, the pieces to Andrew's elephant puzzle (which was the source of a near meltdown this afternoon), a new pack of stickers, my favorite writing pen and a tube of lip gloss. I am raising a tiny thief!! Let's just say at this age she is into everything... and more.

4. My dear friend, M. gave me the most amazing CD that I have to share with all of you! It is called "Motivating your Man God's Way" from he Love and Respect Marriage conference by
Dr. Emerson and Sarah Eggerichs. Click here for their website. Wow. WOW! It was just awesome. Maybe that's the reason why it is the #1 broadcast for Focus on the Family. If you are married (or even preparing for marriage) you have to listen to this!

5. I had my "annual visit" this morning... Yeah, that one. You know the one where you are only partially clothed in a room that only a polar bear would be comfortable in, and the one where you are stuck waiting in said room for oh, let's say 30 minutes or more? Quite, quite lovely. The only nice surprise was that I've lost weight and I haven't been trying... unless you count endlessly running after 2 "angels" 24/7. Hey, whatever, I'll take it.

6. On my current reading list? Taking Care of the "Me" in Mommy, by Lisa Whelchel. Highly, highly recommend.

7. One of my dear friends and her little ones are coming to stay with us tomorrow night. Can we say 7 o'clock is looking quite nice for a bedtime for the little ones, and not cooking and ordering lots of pizza and cheesesticks is looking even nicer? And nicest of all will be watching a movie with no interruption and REAL LIVE adult conversation after bedtime. You know, as opposed to me walking around talking to myself which has been the norm around here since Andy has been gone. This is my version of girls gone wild, I tell you!

8. I am so thankful for every one of your thoughts and prayers over the last 2 days. Y'all are wonderful... have I told you that lately?? Seriously. Please continue to pray for the safety of our men (and ALL the ones serving) until their return. God Bless the USA.

9. Is this not the sweetest little three year old boy you've seen in a while? Okay, okay, maybe in just the last hour or so, but I can't help being biased? Aren't I supposed to be as a mommy? He is "modeling his zippies" (his words, not mine, in reference to his zip -up pajamas) Anyway, he has been a.b.s.o.l.u.t.e.l.y. hysterically funny tonight. Don't believe me? Just ask my mom, dad, sister, grandparents, and all the other people he has called on the phone tonight. I was REALLY wiping tears out of my eyes and laughing the slient laugh (you know how you are laughing so hard that no sound comes out..??) when he was talking on the phone to mom and dad tonight. I only wished I'd have recorded it. The boy is funny. He is SO DRAMATIC with all his gestures and facial expressions... hmmmm... wonder where he gets that from (tee hee)!


10. This has gotten ENTIRELY TOO long, and my apologies to any of you that are still reading. This really is THE most random post I have ever done~~ (but FUN!)

Happy Friday and
Much Love,

15 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh good...I'm first! And so much news here!

Jennifer, I'm just now reading your post right before...I will continue to pray for those overseas, and specifically your husband. (((hugs)))
So glad you talked with him today!

And when you mentioned Dr. Eggerich, I got excited because my husband and I are attending monthly seminars he is giving, but on DVD on a large screen at our church. Several hundred of us gather monthly to listen and then discuss, and it's been one of the best things on marriage I think I have ever heard!

Oh, and since I only have girls...I can safely and wholeheartedly say that your little guy is one of the sweetest little boys I have seen in quite some time! (He really is adorable!)
Blessings!

Lori said...

Hey first off, I wanted to let you know I mention you in my audio Thank you on my blog this morning. I figured if I copy someone I should give credit ;))

I too have my "yearly" yucky as I like to call it, in a week. I guess January is a good time for all that.

I am so glad to hear you spoke to hubby.

I am praying for you and hubby. Oh and by the way I LOVE you new purchase.

Blessings.

TheNormalMiddle said...

Enjoy your weekend with your friend. Sounds like my version of moms gone wild too!

Susan P. said...

Random comments here, LOL!! LOVE,LOVE the china cabinet and the pottery inside is just beautiful! Am so happy you got to hear your husband's voice, what a blessing. Prayers are still being said and will continue being said! Girl's gone wild sounds like my kind of fun! Can one o.d. on Diet Coke?? I sure hope not or I will be in trouble:) Your babies, well you already know how I feel about them! Love and hugs from Virginia!

Big Mama said...

I love all the randomness because it's so full of information. I'll continue to pray for your husband and the men overseas. I love your new china cabinet, it's just adorable. And Andrew, yes ma'am he's about the cutest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

SO glad you heard from your husband, I will keep praying for your friend and her husband.

I hope you have lots of fun with your friend; and your antique cabinet sounds lovely.

I enjoyed reading your post.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

I have said a prayer for your husband and the other soldiers and I will post this in my Prayer Request section on my blog. I have not read your entire post yet but I wanted to comment on your China Cabinet it is beautiful! I wanted to comment before one of the children yell for my attention and I forget what I was going to post. Have A Blessed Day and God Bless You and Your Family.

Betty's Loosing Race said...

I'm praying for your husband and your friends.

I like the new china cabinet. It's so great when you find a good deal on something you have been looking for.

Enjoy your adult time with your friend. Those times are always great.

~Betty~

Wendy said...

So glad you got to talk to your husband.

I love your new purchase and I also like the Whelchel book.

Kim said...

I am so glad you were able to talk to your husband! I am praying for you all. I love the china cabinet! What a great find! Your little boy is adorable--I agree! It was great to hear from you and to know all is well!

Alicia said...

You have an Anna Kate! Me too. :^)

Brittney said...

I totally enjoyed your upbeat randomness :). I could identify with a lot of it...

1. antiques and china *happy sigh*

2. especially interesting since my brother is seriously considering joining the National Guard. I'm praying for your husband and all the soldiers!

3. my little niece throws everything away. I was a nanny to her and my nephew for a couple months, and had to check the office garbage continually because she happily threw any little toy, important paper or decoration her little fingers happened upon :D

and so on and so forth ;). I really came on to let you know that I'm adding your delightful little spot on the web to my blogroll. It's always a delight to visit. God bless you! And God bless the USA!!

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

So glad to hear your husband is doing well and you were able to talk with him! I continue to keep you all in prayer. I loved reading about your days with your little ones. Your China is beautiful and your little guy is too! Great post!

DEBTective said...

Dollface, I'm big-time proud of you for negotiating with cash on your furniture, just like Dave Ramsey talks about. Great job on spreading the word about Dave. Thanks for working for The Man Upstairs and to your man for serving the country. Cute little tykes, by the way. Here's looking at you, kid! www.debtective.com

Anonymous said...

Total and complete randomness...

___________________
Julie
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels