Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Four Things...



Okay, okay, so I've seen this "meme" all around the blogosphere, and have been meaning to do it, just because I think it's a really cute one. So here it is , my....




Four Things Meme...

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Nurse in Cardiac Intensive Care
2. Nurse in Neonatal Intensive Care
3. Nurse Practitioner
4. Wife and Mama!

Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. Steel Magnolias (Yes, I have watched this so many times that I have all the lines memorized... don't believe me?? "Mama, Mama, this nail polish is dryin' way too dah-uk, Practically pink, my foot, looks like a stuck pig bled all ov-ah my hah-unds"... need I go on?)
2. Sweet Home Alabama
3. Little Women
4. The American President

Four Places I have lived:
1. Jackson, MS
2. My hometown (about an hour from here)
3. New Bedford, MA (near Boston- on a travel nurse assignment)
4. Where we are now (and where my mama grew up!)

Four things I like to do:
1. READ!
2. Shop
3. Sew
4. Exercise

Four websites I visit daily:
1. All the blogs I love !
2. My bank account website
3. Yahoo... for email
4. Weather Channel

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Fried Okra
2. Chicken and Dumplins (especially my Granny's..... Oh. My. WORD!!!)
3. Homemade biscuits with real butter and homemade muscadine jelly.
4. Country Fried Steak with Sawmill Gravy

Four places I would like to be right now:
1. Somewhere cold... by a cozy fireplace
2. Hanging out with my hubby!
3. At our local children's museum with the kiddos (one of the top 50 in the nation... as much fun for ME as it is them!!)
4. At the movie theater with a HUGE bucket of popcorn... all to myself!

Four places I have been on vacation
1. San Francisco, CA / Los Angeles, CA
2. Walt Disney World- Orlando, FL
3. New York, NY
4. Smoky Mountains, TN

Happy Wednesday and
Much Love,
Jennifer

10 comments:

TheNormalMiddle said...

Oh jennifer!!!! I love Steel Magnolias too. Love it, love it, love it. The only other "southern" movie I like as much was the movie Shag many years back. I used to pretend I was Pudge.

Big Mama said...

Love your list! Steel Magnolias and Sweet Home Alabama are movies I could quote all day...and as for country fried steak and fried okra, pretty much my favorite meal!

Anonymous said...

Steel Magnolias & Sweet HOme Alagama.... Wonderful Movies. Used to watch over & over again as well... Steel Magnolias made me cry everytime... Those memes are really neat to find out interesting things about our blog friends. I hope you & those cutie pie's have a wodnerful day!! Love & Prayers, Mrs.Clark

Anonymous said...

alagama=alabama...New state??? LOl......

Mississippi Girl said...

Thanks y'all ... glad there are some kindred spirits out there!

Mrs. Clark... Sent you an email at your hotmail account yesterday BECAUSE.. I GOT THE PACKAGE! WOW! You are an angel!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I so love Steel Magnolias - No matter how many times I watch it I cry like a baby!!! My other fav is Fried Green Tomatoes!!!
Guess I will be heading out to the library to see if they have these in - I have not seen them in a while.
Hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer. (Blushing from your comment~) I didn't get the e-mail, I can't remember if I gave you my new e-mail address. It's mrs.clark12345@hotmail.com. I changed it a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad you enjoyed the package. I've been sending a lot out this month for kids birthdays, weddings, & thinking of you packages. My poor hubby will soon be known as a regular at the post office on base..Lol... He dosen't mind though. When will your husband be back? I hope soon, because I know you & the kiddos miss him dearly. My hubby might not have to go to training until October 9th. He's trying for that, but it's all in God's hands. Love & Prayers, Mrs.Clark

Susan P. said...

Jennifer, I have one question that is really bugging me and I need an ANSWER ,please!!! I want to know what in the world is muscadine jelly??? I have never heard of it before and I'm pretty sure I have never tasted it! LOL

Anonymous said...

I love The American President and all of the others you listed. I think I need to watch The American President again. It has been a long time since I saw it last.

Mississippi Girl said...

Hey Susan!!
Muscadines are in the grape family (but larger), and grow in the Southern US. My Grandparents have always had a muscadine vine in some trees in one of the upper pastures, and we have always, always, had muscadine jelly. VERY common here in South MS. Thanks for asking!
Jennifer