Saturday, August 26, 2006

Happy Birthday, Sweet boy



3 years ago today, at 11:12 p.m. to be exact, our lives changed forever. We became parents.
Our precious son Andrew was born and we were in love from the start.... has it really been 3 years? That oft repeated phrase keeps playing over and over in my head... seems like only yesterday, seems like only yesterday...and, truly, it does.

Oh, how he has grown! From those first kicks and flutters felt by mommy to the tiny baby learning to sleep through the night, to the toddler taking his first step, to walking to talking, to sleeping in a "big boy bed", AND to doing everything "by myselphs". How we have loved watching him grow, blossom and learn. How we have celebrated with him at each stage of becoming more independent, though it meant him being less and less my baby. How we look forward to experiencing more and more of these precious milestones with him. How we pray everyday that he will grow into a man that loves the Lord with all of his heart, soul and mind.

~I love you sweet, precious 3 year old boy of mine. You are an amazing blessing~



** Photo taken this afternoon at his "Thomas" party... a happier boy could not be found.


Happy Saturday and
Much Love,
Jennifer

14 comments:

Shereen said...

Awww...Happy Birthday Andrew. He does look SO happy. lol How cute. I'm happy that everything went well on his special day. Have you worn the blouse you sewed yet? I have never done anything for myself, only for the children.

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a great day!

Zach Green said...

Looks like y'all had a great time, wish i could have been there :)

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! What a cutie!

Christine said...

What a sweetie! They grow up so fast. That is a beautiful tribute to your little man.

Kim said...

Wow what an exciting time. My little boy will be a year soon and I can't believe how the time has just flown by.My family is sending your boy Happy Birthday wishes.

Tammy said...

A Happy Birthday to Andrew! :)

He is such a cutie! And I love the newborn pictures...so very sweet! it does seem like yesterday, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! What a doll you are!
A Thomas Party, now that is a dream party for a 3 year old big boy!

Cherish the Home said...

Awww what a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about it seems like yesterday. My middle daughter is 12 today and I tell you it doesn't get any better. I wish I could stop them from getting any older. Happy Birthday, Andrew.!!!
Blessings,
Trixi

Becky said...

First of all, you are NOT suppose to look that fabulous after giving birth!!!

Happy Birthday to your sweet Andrew! I hope he enjoyed his bday. They just grow up too fast but are so much fun to watch! He looks just THRILLED in that picture!!! Thomas is SOOO cool at 3! We went and SAW and RODE thomas when our little guy was almost 3.

Anonymous said...

Sending Happy Birthday wishes to Andrew!!!!

Just wanted to send you a little note to say hello ~ Hope you have been enjoying the time with your family ~

Susan P. said...

What a precious blessing you have:)

Eagles Wings said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!!!
That's my birthday too!
They are such a blessings, my oldest is 3 1/2 and my youngest twins are 17 months. And it does go by so fast! Enjoy every minute of it!
They are so cute, I can do it myself....