Friday, August 04, 2006

Ramblings


Some days, like yesterday, I get sooo tired. And I miss my husband. And I miss having help with the kiddos. And I get so tired just thinking about face the daunting task of many, many more days of this. But, then I get a good night's sleep (Mama was right, things always do seem a little better in the morning... and that hot bath last night didn't hurt, either !) And hearing "Ahhhhhh.. bababibibibi ba (blows raspberry), squeal, happy laugh, dadadidadado" over that baby monitor every morning is a precious blessing. And hearing my excited little boy exclaim "Oh mama- look I waked up" in the mornings always makes me smile. And I praise God for these 2 little blessings. And I don't feel so tired anymore, andI know for certain that I am not alone. Our heavenly Father is right by my side, the whole day through, guiding me, holding me, sustaining me. He has promised that he will never leave me. So I smile and enjoy the magic of my little ones- and I am reminded of a sweet little song that I first heard years ago by the Oak Ridge Boys- and was more recently re-recorded by Kenny Chesney.


"Thank God for Kids" written by Eddy Raven
If it weren't for kids have you ever thought,
There wouldn't be no Santa Claus,
Or look what the stork just brought
Thank God for kids.
We'd all live in a quiet house
Without Big Bird or a Mickey Mouse
And Kool-aid on the couch
Thank God for Kids

Thank God for kids there's magic for a while
A special kind of sunshine in a smile
Do you ever stop to think? or wonder why?
The dearest thing to Heaven is a child

Daddy how does this thing fly?
A hundred other where's and why's
You really don't know but we try
Thank God for Kids
When you look down in those trustin eyes
That look to you, you realize
Its love that you can't buy
Thank God for Kids

Thank God for there's magic for a while
A special kind of sunshine in a smile
Do you ever stop to think? or wonder why?
The dearest thing to Heaven is a child

When you get down on your knees tonight
To thank the Lord for his guiding light
And pray they turn out right
Thank God for Kids

Enjoy the magic of your little ones (or your big ones!) today.
Happy Friday and
Much Love,
Jennifer

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, that was very well said! I am a lot more tired when my husband is gone and I'm doing everything on my own. But our children are truley one of the best blessings from God. I'm so thankful I have them with me when my hubby is away. They make each day fufilled with love and happiness... I'm am also thankful I have God with me and can talk to him when I'm feeling low for encouragement. What a wonderful God we have!!! I hope you & everyone has a wonderful & blessed weekend! May peace and grace be with all.... Love & Prayers, Mrs.Clark
P.S. I'm going to pick up the peacoat today from the post office. Thanks again Jennifer! Your so SWEET!! I'll be mailing you a package early next week, so look out for it.**

Renee said...

I agree with Mrs. Clark, but I cannot imagine being in your position where your husband will be gone for much longer than mine ever has been or will be. We serve a mighty God who promises to take care of us and has blessed us with little children who do indeed have a way of "picking us up" when we are feeling blue. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Amy said...

Lovely post Jennifer. I love the song lyrics! Like Renee said, I can't imagine having my husband gone for so long. My sister is married to an army man, so I know how hard it has been for her at times. I pray that the Lord will keep you strong and encouraged, and send people to help you when you need a break!

Lori said...

Great post. And Amen!!

Big Mama said...

Thanks for reminding me about that song. I've always loved it!

Susan P. said...

Ah Jennifer, that touched me so much I had tears in my eyes. You and your family are in so many of our thoughts and prayers at this time.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful children. So close to God. You are always in my prayers and glad that you feel a little better today. Blessings.

Becky said...

Glad that you felt better after a good nights sleep and are enjoying your precious little blessings. Off to enjoy mine!!

blessings....

Tammy said...

I can only know what you're going through to a certain point...my husband was in the Navy when we were first married and I spent the first year of our marriage in a strange place across the country while he was on deployment for more than half of it. When he first left, the months ahead loomed like an eternity before me! But we didn't have children yet, so I only had to take care of myself. I didn't have the responsibilites that you so I really admire your being able to parent your kids so well.
On the other hand, I was lonlier since we didn't have children yet...I'm sure you are so grateful for them while you miss your husband.

Blessings!

TheNormalMiddle said...

That is one of my favorite songs---each year at the dance recital they use it for the pre event slide show and I ALWAYS cry.

Angie said...

Oh, I miss those babblings over the baby monitor. I love that poem! I can totally relate to the hubby being gone thing. I can't wait ot hand over some of the duties when he gets home.

Anonymous said...

One thing I love about blogging is that you can always come back to a post that encouraged you. I did see this last week but I really needed it today. Thanks for posting it.