Sunday, August 13, 2006

Mirror, Mirror...


...On the wall, what are your favorite beauty products of all?
You know, alot of times as women, our conversation eventually turns to... what else? Makeup/Hair/beauty products etc. After reading countless "girl" magazines (especially in my single days!!), a million and one beauty and hair tips, and after going through thousands of "beauty products" myself (confession time.... My name is Jennifer, and I am a beauty product addict), there are about 10 beauty products that I just couldn't make it without. I thought I'd share them with you, my dear readers, so that perhaps you may glean some wisdom from all the money I have spent finding out that these were actually keepers.
So, without further adieu, here they are, in no particular order:

Jenn's Beauty Hall of Fame
1.) Voluminous mascara by L'Oreal
2.) M.A.C. eyeshadows in colors: Mystery, Symmetry, Patina, Folie, Vapour (not all worn at the same time, obviously! )
3.) Bumble and Bumble hair serum in De-Frizz
4.) St. Ives Apricot Scrub, and Bath and Body Works "chocolate scrub"
5.) Crest Whitestrips
6.) Lip Smackers lip balm in watermelon
7.) Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
8.) Merle Norman Lip Pencil Plus (pencil+lipstick in one) in Coral Rust
9.) Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion Advanced Healing (use about 5,000 times a day!)
10.) OPI nail polish in Cajun Shrimp, Magnifico Mexico and I'm Really Not a Waitress

So, What are yours?? Tell me, tell me, tell me... I'm always on the lookout for a great new beauty product, and can't wait to "test" any new suggestions!!!
Happy Sunday and Much Love,
Jennifer

14 comments:

Jen said...

Hmnnn...
-I love MAC make-up too!! I love their mineralizer that they put out about once a year.
-Aveeno moisturizing creme for hands - the adult or the baby version, it absorbs quickly and lasts a long time without being greasy. :)
-Good old Ivory soap. I've tried all sorts of face soaps/cleansers/etc but haven't found that any improve much on good old soap.
-Olay Complete moisture lotion with UV defense for sensitive skin.
-Another product to second - St. Ives Apricot Scrub!!
A few thoughts from another Jennifer who has tried way too many products over the years...

Renee said...

There is a MS girl in Madison/Ridgeland area that has great products. Amy Head Studios. She was written up in Southern Living about 4 years ago. Even though we are now in GA, I still order a few things from her. And I've recently fallen in love with Arbonne face cleansers and baby products.

Lori said...

MAC eyeshadow is a must (wont wear anything else).

Zsilk sunblock

MD Fote facial cleanser.

Zach Green said...

Mine are

Deoderant
Toothpaste
Hairspray.
hahaha ;)

How are you doing?

Zach Green said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zach Green said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zach Green said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

I love make up now too! I didn't much until after my son was born and I didn't get a chance to wear it much. I use Mary Kay products. There facewash leaves my face feeling so smooth.

Cherish the Home said...

**I LOVE Bare Minerals makeup!

**Covergirl mascara (the one with the curved brush)

**my eye lash curler

**Aromatics Elixir Perfume by Clinique

**chapstick every night before bed and right after my morning shower. Makes my lips soft and makes the lipstick go on better.

Mississippi Girl said...

Thanks for all the suggestions, y'all.

Renee- I used to live in Jackson, and a couple of my friends went to Amy Head and looooved it. Sister lives there now, and she wants to go, too. We thought about making a trip the next time we visit.

Mrs. B- I thought about trying the Bare Minerals makeup after I saw an info-mercial on it... but wasn't sure. Nice to hear from a "real-live" person who has used it and loves it! Thanks for the suggestion!
Jennifer

TheNormalMiddle said...

Oh I like MAC, smashbox, and sephora and all that stuff but it is hardly ever in my budget....I usually end up buying cheap CVS drugstore cosmetics when I need something or utilize the bonus times at Clinique. And, you are right you cannot beat OPI for nail color at all. :)

My friend and I visited Sephora in Las Vegas and I think we spent an entire day in that store. It was dreamy!!!

Susan P. said...

I am a Bare Minerals girl like Mrs. B. I won't wear anything else. I also love Burts Bee's lip balm, it is so soothing. I am also partial to Philosophy's lip gloss, it looks pretty and tastes pretty yummy!

Cherish the Home said...

Jennifer....Mrs.R uses Bare Minerals and so does my mom. Everyone I know who has used it loves it! (o:

cmhl said...

I love mary kay lipstick in "sunset"