Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Overwhelmed


I received the box pictured here in the mail yesterday, and was absolutely, positively... you guessed it... overwhelmed. Yes, that's right, I received my "encouragement box" coordinated by our precious friend Joy. So many of you contributed, and I must admit, after read one encouraging and sweet note after the other, the tears began to flow! How can I ever thank you for the support you have given me for this time that my husband will be gone? How can you ever know the gratitude that I felt when I saw that package, filled with love, from so many of you that I have never even met? You are precious to me and have demonstrated the true love of the body of Christ. Words seem inadequate, but nevertheless...( you KNOW my mama taught me to be polite!) ... thank you. Thank you. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you.
" I thank my God upon every remembrance of you"
Phillipians 1:3
Happy Thursday and Much Love

7 comments:

Wendy said...

How wonderful! I thought that was so great of Joy to come up with that idea.

Christine said...

You are such a dear. I am praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer I hope you are really blessed by all the little gifts and encouraging messages you received. You truly deserve them.

Jennifer I just wanted to let you know that I am giving up blogging. I just don't have the time at the moment. I love your blog and YOU! I will miss reading your posts and your comments on my blog. I hope you and your family will be really blessed, you will still be in my prayers. If you ever want to chat on email my address is: mrssarahblythe at yahoo.co.uk (just replace the at with @). HUGS. Sarahxx

Susan P. said...

Jennifer, you and your family have been in all of our prayers and will continue to be. When Andy is away and you are feeling sad or worried you can take out all those notes and letters and know that you are not alone. We wanted you to have a tangible expression of our care and concern for you. Most importantly as you know, God will always be by your side, he is ever-steadfast and will never leave you. Continue to cling to his word!

Tammy said...

Oh, that is so wonderful! :)

I wish I would have known about it...if I had, you can be sure I would have been a part! Especially, since I remember how much I missed my own husband when he would go out to sea. Please count me in that box in spirit, OK?

I'm so, so glad fellow-bloggers did this for you! You seem like such a special woman of God and it makes me feel great that you were blessed like this!

Jayro said...

YOu are blessed to have friends like that! I also saw the post we were talking about the other day, and your response. Good job!

Kate said...

oh i am so bummed! i never knew about this! although i've been gone most of this month and have been away from bloggin during that time. i am so happy for your to receive such love and encouragement! how awesome!