Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blueberry season


We made a trip this morning up to my Granny's house "in the country" as we like to say around here- she lives about 35 miles north of us- to get some wonderful, delicious, scrumptious blueberries! I came home with 2 gallons, and Gran gave me the recipe for her wonderful, famous blueberry muffins. Yummy! She had some made at her house, and I ate TWO.. hot and right out of the oven! Little Andrew was no slacker, either- he ate 2 himself, and little Miss Anna Kate at 1/2 of one after her lunch. So, dear readers, I shall share this most delicious (and very easy) recipe with you! Have fun, and happy baking.
"Granny's Blueberry Muffins"
Ingredients
2 cups self rising flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup blueberries
Directions
Combine ingredients adding berries last. Fill Muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 375 degress for 25 minutes. May sprinkle sugar on top, if desired!
Enjoy!
*** A little tip that I got from Granny today-- if you are going to freeze blueberries, DO NOT wash them first- it makes the skins tough when you defrost them to eat later. So, wash AFTER thawing! Just thought I'd share. Gran is a treasure trove of tips and THE EXPERT on anything to do with the kitchen!
Happy Wednesday dear ones, and
Much Love,
Jennifer

No comments: