Thursday, June 22, 2006

Quotes....


These are some beautiful quotes that I came upon when straightening up my bookshelf this morning...

" Well, Georgy, this marriage is--- yes, I will speak well of it, after all; for when I can stop and think long enough to discriminate my head from my heels, I must say that I think myself a fortunate woman both in husband and children. My children I would not change for all the ease, leisure, and pleasure that I could have without them. They are money on interest whose value will be constantly increasing."
Harriet Beecher Stowe to Georgianna May, 1838

"I have had so much more than I deserve, and now I am quite bewildered and overpowered. It is so good to feel that one is loved- the only real riches in the world, and I am very happy in that. I think my soul came to me quite suddenly, when I was about eleven years old, and all at once I realised how precious you were to me-- since then have we not been growing nearer and nearer? When we go the the next world I hope St. Peter will not know which is which."
Dame Freya Stark, (English writer) to her mother, 1914

"One must have a home, you see, to keep one's books in and one's spring sofas in; but the charm of a home is a home to come back to."
Elizabeth Barrett Browning to Mary Russell Mitford. 1850.

Happy Thursday and
Much love,
Jennifer

No comments: