Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Queen of Clean


I love to clean. No, really I do. Seriously. Noooo I'm not kidding... okay, go ahead, wipe the smirk off your face. Cleaning is therapy for me. It is a "mindless task" as my mama likes to say- and I don't mean that in a bad way. When I am cleaning, it is not something I have to concentrate on- I just do it. That's why I love it. I can plan, mull over things, go over my "to do" list, pray and just quiet my soul. I am not "being idle", I am being productive, but at the same time it is very soothing to go through the routines, the motions that I've done a thousand times before. I usually have long conversations with my Heavenly Father about anything and everything, have conversations with myself (don't call the psych ward... YET!), and in my busyness, there is a calm. There are always those out there telling us to "take time for ourselves everyday", and while I know that this is ideal, it is often so hard for busy wives and mothers to do on a day to day basis (I know that it is for me). Even when our "quiet time" of the morning seems far away, we can find God in the daily tasks. In cleaning, doing laundry, ironing- those seemingly mindless things- but therein lies their beauty. We can" take time for ourselves" even amist the busyness, hustle and bustle of the day. Time to quiet our minds and hearts and lay the burdens and cares of the day on one whose shoulders are bigger than ours. He is there as we mop the floor, scrub the toilet and clean the toothpaste off the mirror. So, take some time for yourself today - while ironing that stack of laundry... I'm off to make reservations for that massage (hey, a girl can't clean ALL the time!) Have a great one, ya'll !
Much love,
Jennifer

Image courtesy of Lise's Garden

2 comments:

boomama said...

My mama LOVES to clean. I think she has some of her best quiet times that way. I would rather blog. :-) But I do love a clean house, a hot meal on the stove, a back door open to a spring breeze - that's just my HERITAGE, you know?

Love being able to read another girl from the Magnolia State!

Shereen said...

I know what you mean. I love to clean as well. It feels so good when you are done and you can look at your work. I'm such a cornball. When I clean, let's say a closet out, I will go back like 10 times throughout the day, open the closet door, and just stare at it. LOL Maybe you should call that psych ward.