Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!


**** 2nd belated post for reasons mentioned below- wrote these on Sat. but didn't publish till today (Monday)

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!
Thank you for...
1. Sitting through endless hours of dance recitals, piano recitals, voice recitals, band concerts, Friday night football games, school programs, parades, church musicals and choir programs AND documenting all of it on video so we could laugh at ourselves years later.
2. Putting up with all the drama, hysterics, slumber parties, and silliness of my teenage years.
3. Not killing some of the guys I dated (even though I know you probably wanted to)
4. Always understanding me even when no one else did
5. Praying with us, taking us to church "every time the doors were open", and instilling in me the importance of knowing God and becoming a Christian.
6. Acting silly with us on vacations
7. Waking us up singing "Roll-em" every morning
8. Playing gospel music and "Sunday sing alongs" LOUDLY every Sunday morning
9. Buying stuff mama wouldn't at the grocery store
10. Being the hardest working man I've EVER seen, providing an amazing life for us, teaching us the value of education, hard work and perseverence and for being the BEST DAD a girl could ever hope for.
I Love You!
Jenn

4 comments:

Jayro said...

That picture is hysterical!

Shereen said...

Are you the little girl on the left or right? I love the pig tails. Too cute.

Mississippi Girl said...

OH- I am on the left- dark hair..

Mississippi Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.