Thursday, June 29, 2006

Mr. Messy


My husband tracks dirt in the house and I love it. He also forgets to take his clothes out of his gym bag for several days, leaves his tools out, and leaves his clothes right where he takes them off. And I love it.... and for a neat freak like me, that's saying a whole bunch. Know why I love it? Because all of those things that he does mean that he is home. He is here with us on a daily basis. He comes home in the evenings and gives me a kiss, wrestles with Andrew and makes little Anna Kate giggle and giggle. He fills our house and makes it a home. I am so appreciative of this right now, and more aware of it than ever because he is leaving soon. For a place across the ocean called Iraq. And he will be gone for a good long while. And we will miss him more than anything. And I have tears welling up in my eyes right now as I type this. So right now the dirt, the dirty clothes and the messiness are blessings, and I am so thankful for them. For they are the representations of him in all of his wonderful man-ness, and messiness. And they let me know that the tall, unbelievably sweet, kind, blue-eyed husband of mine will be home today.... and I'm cherishing every one.

Happy Thursday
and Much Love,
Jennifer

15 comments:

Zach Green said...

I kind of like that one too. The Mississippi Guy one is like yours in a way :p.

We're all going to miss Andy. It's going to be a long time but when he gets back it will be over with and things can get back to normal.

I was going to try that Poem thing you did but it looked really confusing. :)

Love you see y'all Sunday

Anonymous said...

You are right on track with your view of things! How unfortunate for those men whose wives do not view them with the eyes you view your husband. The Lord bless you in the days ahead!

Susan P. said...

Jennifer, I wish I could give you a big hug. I can't imagine what it must feel like to know your husband will be leaving for Iraq soon. I was deeply touched by your words. The only thing I can tell you is keep doing what you are already doing. You are cherishing every single moment you have with your husband, dirty socks and all. It seems it's the "little" things sometimes that we find the most endearing and that we miss. Please know you have a group of online friends who will be praying for you and your husband and precious babies. Whenever you need to chat or just "let loose" all you have to do is log on and we will be here.
Love,
Susan P.

Anonymous said...

We prayed for you and Andy last night at Small Group. We can't imagine how difficult it will be without him around, but know that you have us. We will plan things to do every week!

Anonymous said...

I do not know what words to say except that I will be praying for you and your family. I know there are many miles between us but you will often be in my thoughts as you go through this journey.

Cherish the Home said...

Oh my Jennifer....this **REALLY** touched my heart!

Mississippi Girl said...

Thanks so much to everyone for their kind words and comments- means so much to know that I have an "cyber" support group and well as one in real life (Thanks Brooke and Zach). Blessings!
Jennifer

Amy said...

Thanks so much for this post and the reminder to really appreciate my husband. My little sister is dreading the very strong possibility that her husband will be going to Afganistan for several months. Being a "military wife" is just incredibly hard.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I was so touched by your post! Many blessings Jennifer, you made me cry. I hope that you will be so blessed and comforted whilst he is away. You, your husband and your family will be in my prayers.

I MUST appreciate my husband more!!

My brother-in-law is possibly being posted to Iraq too(he's in the RAF).

Blessings. Sarah

Cherish the Home said...

Jennifer, just wanted to let you know that your post touched me so much that I linked to it from my blog. (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Paula said...

I found your blog via Mrs. B's blog. I enjoyed viewing your previous posts. I just said a prayer for your family. I'm so thankful for our military and their families.

I'll be visiting your blog again. Your writing style is so enjoyable!

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Mississippi Girl said...

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words- it means so much!
Jennifer

boomama said...

Bless your heart - and thank your husband for us. Seriously.

That picture is precious.

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

What a wonderful perspective you have put on being grateful for your husband's "messiness." Though we do not all have hubbies who are in the service, we should all be thankful for our husbands and who they are!

Wendy said...

I thought this was a wonderful post because these are things we can so easily grumble about and loose perspective on. I will keep your family in my prayers.