Monday, June 19, 2006

Things to be happy about....


When I was in college, my sister got this cute little book called "14, 000 Things to be Happy About". I thought it was the most darling thing- just listed lots of "little things" to be happy about. Anyway, I started my own little list, and have added to it over the years, I don't have 14, 000 (YET!) but thought I'd share some of my favorites...


Smell of books
Hot Chocolate
Christmas Lights
Fat dimples on a baby's hands
Home movies
Handwritten notes in the mailbox
Full tank of gas
Laughing until your stomach aches
Evenings by the fire
Velvet
Bubble baths
Breakfast in Bed
Sleeping in
Hometown parades
A closet where ALL the clothes fit
Kisses on the forehead
Big, strong husbands to open jars
Going home to someone
Wedding pictures
Getting flowers
Dressing up
Candlelit room
Tan legs
Front porches on summer evenings listening to the crickets
Bay windows
Hardwood floors
Best Friends
Plaid in the fall
High school football games
Shrimp Gumbo
Crisp Fall Saturdays
Smell of a new car
Old Movies
Slobbery baby kisses
First Steps
Swingsets
Picnic Lunches
Feeling baby move in utero
Being up before anyone else and finally...
Free gift of Salvation

I have so many more, but these are just some of my favorites... I think it would be great if others would do this on their blogs!! If you do, please leave me a comment so I can read yours, too!!
Happy Wednesday and
Much Love,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your list. If I ever do a list, it would include many of these things. (I think Mississippi is one of the most beautiful states BTW.)

Shereen said...

Oh, how cool. I am going to try and do this this evening when I get a chance.